Just When You Thought Floating Couldn’t Feel Any Better!
We’re donating 100% of the days earnings and YOU get to choose the charity!
- We hold this event quarterly and announce the dates first to our email subscribers. If you haven’t signed for our emails yet, use the form in the lower right corner of our website. We only send 1-2 per month!
- Float before work, after work, or tell work you’re having a “procedure”. It’ll be fiiiiinne, you’ll be back in a couple of hours!
HOW IT WORKS:
- When we announce the date, book by phone for a discounted rate ($50). YOU MUST BOOK BY PHONE TO RECEIVE DISCOUNT AND PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT.
- Discounted floats must be used on the day of the event.
- Basically, we’ll be donating $50 for each person who floats that day!
- While you can float on a Philanthropy Day using existing float credits or gift certificates, it won’t go towards the fundraiser. So, save that float credit you have for a rainy day, buy a $50 float and kick back for some work week peace and quiet!
BUT WHAT CHARITY WILL THE MONEY GO TO?
- When you check in for your philanthropic float you’ll get to enter the name of a local (Maine) non-profit organization that you would like to see the money go to.
- The next day we’ll hold a drawing and contact the winner. The really cool part is, the winner gets to deliver the check to their chosen organization!
Let’s Float for Philanthropy!
Where did we get this idea?
I wish this were my very own idea, but this gem of a day is modeled after the New Belgium Brewery Tip System. Their brewery tour and tasting room are so cool. The company is employee owned and alternatively powered. They accept tips, but they don’t keep them. Once they reach a certain dollar amount (2k comes to mind) one of the bar tenders (employee/owner) gets to deliver a check to a charity of their choice! We thought it was an awesome idea and wanted to put our own floaty spin on it.
Excited to Give Back
We haven’t alway been in a position to give and not too long ago we were the ones asking for help. Maybe you remember our Crowdfunding campaign this past March? We aren’t exactly kicking back and rolling in the dough here, but the bills are paid. We figure we can squeak by without one day’s revenue and if business continues to grow, we hope to make this a regular event!